Data Engineer (m/f/d) in Karlsruhe or Hamburg
Blue Yonder enables retailers to take a transformative approach to their core processes, automating complex decisions that deliver higher profits and customer value using AI.
With AI embedded into their supply chain and merchandising processes, retailers can respond quicker to changing market conditions and customer dynamics, boosting revenues and increasing margins. Developed by one of the largest teams of PhD-level data scientists in retail, our solution delivers 600 million decisions daily to international grocery, fashion and general merchandise retailers.
Blue Yonder was founded in 2008 in Karlsruhe, Germany, by former CERN scientist Professor Michael Feindt. The company has been awarded the Experton Big Data Leader Award 2016, the BT Retail Week Technology Award and the IGD Award 2017 for Supply Chain Innovation.
To support our team in Karlsruhe or Hamburg, we are looking for a Data Engineer (m/f/d).
Your day to day work will entail
- Work together with our machine learning experts, engineers and project managers to advance our data science products
- Design and develop data-intensive distributed systems in Python with focus on data engineering
- Use technologies such as Pandas and Dask, as well as modern NewSQL query engines like Presto or Apache Impala in the cloud
- Support on-boarding new customers with your expertise in organizational or data-intensive tasks
- Work in an agile team with emphasis on quality, testability and automation
You are / should have
- In-depth knowledge of Python, Pandas and its open-source ecosystem
- Expertise in working with SQL
- Interest in data handling with modern tools such as Apache Airflow, Apache Parquet, Dask and Presto
- Knowledge in techniques for data modeling, storage and access
- Passion for software craftsmanship and interest in modern methods such as Kanban, TDD and pair programming
Every day, our teams work enthusiastically with our customers on innovative AI-based solutions and sophisticated optimization for the retail industry. Working with us means you can look forward to coworkers who use creativity to collectively develop ideas and appreciate each other’s expertise.
We live for pushing artificial intelligence forward and scalable solutions. Joining our team means you can look forward to working with our people on realizing creative ideas and see how they operate in the resulting solutions. Mutual respect, friendly relationships and results-oriented work are an important part of our environment. We strive to be a family-friendly business and are open to modern working structures.
We believe that the individuality and diversity of our employees make a decisive contribution to our success. Our hiring process is based on qualifications and career profile. We welcome applications from all motivated candidates, regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin or religion.
Want to join our team?
Please send your application and references to open source projects by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Manager