Data Scientist (m/f/d) in Karlsruhe or Hamburg
Blue Yonder enables retailers to take a transformative approach to their core processes, automating complex decisions that deliver higher profits and customer value using AI. With AI embedded into their supply chain and merchandising processes, retailers can respond quicker to changing market conditions and customer dynamics, boosting revenues and increasing margins. Developed by one of the largest teams of PhD-level data scientists in retail, our solution delivers 600 million decisions daily to international grocery, fashion and general merchandise retailers.
Blue Yonder was founded in 2008 in Karlsruhe, Germany, by former CERN scientist Professor Michael Feindt. The company has been awarded the Experton Big Data Leader Award 2016, the BT Retail Week Technology Award and the IGD Award 2017 for Supply Chain Innovation.
To support our team in Karlsruhe or Hamburg, we are looking for a Data Scientist (m/f/d).
Your day to day work will entail
- Develop and operate solutions that optimize and automate business decisions using large data sets and algorithms
- Work with complex data analysis, data preparation and developing prognostic models based on modern statistical methods
- Develop a deep understanding of retail and supply chain problems
- Write productive software that generates value for our customers
- Take ownership of onboarding new customers and continuously improve our existing solutions
- Work as part of a highly motivated, interdisciplinary and agile team
You are / should have
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis and multivariate statistics, preferably in the Python data ecosystem
- Passion for writing software with emphasis on quality, testability and automation
- Expertise in working with SQL
- Experience in building machine learning models or optimization software to solve business problems
- Ability to communicate results clearly to both colleagues and less technically versed audiences
Every day, our teams work enthusiastically with our customers on innovative AI-based solutions and sophisticated optimization for the retail industry. Working with us means you can look forward to coworkers who use creativity to collectively develop ideas and appreciate each other's expertise. Mutual respect, friendly relationships and results-oriented work are an important part of our environment. We strive to be a family-friendly business and are open to modern working structures.
We believe that the individuality and diversity of our employees make a decisive contribution to our success. Our hiring process is based on qualifications and career profile. We welcome applications from all motivated candidates, regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin or religion.
Want to join our team?
Please email your application and references, preferably also from the open source sector, stating the job title to email@example.com.
Human Resources Manager