Data Science Consultant (m/f/d) in Karlsruhe or Hamburg
Blue Yonder enables retailers to take a transformative approach to their core processes, automating complex decisions that deliver higher profits and customer value using AI. With AI embedded into their supply chain and merchandising processes, retailers can respond quicker to changing market conditions and customer dynamics, boosting revenues and increasing margins. Developed by one of the largest teams of PhD-level data scientists in retail, our solution delivers 600 million decisions daily to international grocery, fashion and general merchandise retailers.
Blue Yonder was founded in 2008 in Karlsruhe, Germany, by former CERN scientist Professor Michael Feindt. The company has been awarded the Experton Big Data Leader Award 2016, the BT Retail Week Technology Award and the IGD Award 2017 for Supply Chain Innovation.
The Data Scientist Consultant provides services that maximize the value of the customer's business through data-driven insights and enhanced decision support. This role will be responsible for advising the customer and recommending software configuration alternatives and implementing the software that is configured to optimize the solution so that the customer may realize the maximum value from the software.
Your day to day work will entail
- Provide analytical services as part of a team conducting proofs-of-concept and identifying opportunities to create customer value
- Perform data analysis to discover patterns, trends and anomalies in customer data, translate the results into actionable insights, and present results and recommendations to support customers in improving their data quality
- Extract and present data stories from customer data sets to demonstrate value of solution and guide the customer in their priorities
- Build, configure and train models to support overall project objectives, and run simulations and what-if analyses to evaluate alternative scenarios
- Support the successful delivery of the solution to the customer by making recommendations and providing quantitative evidence of the project's results
- Work as part of a highly motivated, interdisciplinary and agile team
You are / should have
- Graduate degree in Operations Research, Statistics, or a related quantitative field, is required, and advanced knowledge of machine learning is preferred.
- Ability to elicit customers' knowledge, both explicit and tacit, about business objectives, strategic concerns, and policies related to the scope and success of the project.
- Able to translate complex data into business insights and opportunities to create value.
- Demonstrated experience of script programming languages, preferably Python, for data analytics and machine learning applications.
Every day, our teams work enthusiastically with our customers on innovative AI-based solutions and sophisticated optimization for the retail industry. Working with us means you can look forward to coworkers who use creativity to collectively develop ideas and appreciate each other's expertise. Mutual respect, friendly relationships and results-oriented work are an important part of our environment. We strive to be a family-friendly business and are open to modern working structures.
We believe that the individuality and diversity of our employees make a decisive contribution to our success. Our hiring process is based on qualifications and career profile. We welcome applications from all motivated candidates, regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin or religion.
Want to join our team?
Please email your application and references, preferably also from the open source sector, stating the job title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Manager