Pre-Sales Consultant (m/f/d) Price Optimization in Karlsruhe or Hamburg
Blue Yonder enables retailers to take a transformative approach to their core processes, automating complex decisions that deliver higher profits and customer value using AI. With AI embedded into their supply chain and merchandising processes, retailers can respond quicker to changing market conditions and customer dynamics, boosting revenues and increasing margins. Developed by one of the largest teams of PhD-level data scientists in retail, our solution delivers 600 million decisions daily to international grocery, fashion and general merchandise retailers.
Blue Yonder was founded in 2008 in Karlsruhe, Germany, by former CERN scientist Professor Michael Feindt. The company has been awarded the Experton Big Data Leader Award 2016, the BT Retail Week Technology Award and the IGD Award 2017 for Supply Chain Innovation.
To support our team in Karlsruhe or Hamburg, we are looking for a Pre-Sales Consultant (m/f/d) Price Optimization.
Blue Yonder Pre-Sales Consultants support Blue Yonder's sales and delivery teams with in-depth industry and product knowledge during the sales process and initial project phases. You will focus on potential retail customers in our core markets in Western and Central Europe. Our solutions are excellent products in a fast-growing market with few competitors − all of which add up to great sales opportunities. You will be based in Hamburg or Karlsruhe but you will also spend a lot of time visiting potential customers. This means 2-3 days of travel to customers per week.
Your day to day work will entail
- Demonstrate and sell the value of Blue Yonder's Price Optimization solutions to existing retail customers or prospects in close collaboration with Sales
- Design and deliver product, solution and offer presentations to customers and potential customers
- Analyze customer/prospect needs and prove Blue Yonder's ability to deliver value to prospects or existing customers
- Qualify prospects according to Blue Yonder's ideal customer profiles
- Collect customer requirements and feedback, and provide updates to the Product Development team
- Manage customer inquiries, calls for tenders and proposals as well as concept development
You are / should have
- In-depths knowledge and demonstrated understanding of pricing processes, ideally in retail
- Master's degree or PhD in computer science, natural science or business administration - or comparable degree/professional training
- Statistical and analytical knowledge of forecast and classification methods
- Quick understanding of customer challenges and empathic listener with an extraordinary skill to connect the dots in a customer environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and client relationship skills.
- Fluent in German and English, additional languages considered a plus
- Flexibility and willingness to travel in Europe (travel requirement approx. 50%)
- Knowledge of contemporary programming languages such as Python considered a plus
Every day, our teams work enthusiastically with our customers on innovative AI-based solutions and sophisticated optimization for the retail industry. Working with us means you can look forward to coworkers who use creativity to collectively develop ideas and appreciate each other's expertise.
Mutual respect, friendly relationships and results-oriented work are an important part of our environment. We strive to be a family-friendly business and are open to modern working structures.
We believe that the individuality and diversity of our employees make a decisive contribution to our success. Our hiring process is based on qualifications and career profile. We welcome applications from all motivated candidates, regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin or religion.
Want to join our team?
Please email your application and references stating the job title to email@example.com.
Human Resources Manager