Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/d) in Hamburg or Karlsruhe
At Blue Yonder, we employ state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms to generate hundreds of millions of microdecisions for large retail enterprises every day. Full automation allows us to shape supply chains and set selling prices such that customers never face empty shelves, less groceries go to waste, and fashion stores no longer end up with heaps of surplus clothes at the end of season.
Our retail products run on the Blue Yonder platform that provides all necessary services to deliver best decisions to our customers. Our platform defines standard APIs for customer payload data exchange and offers the computational punch for our data scientists, scaling from a single CPU to hundreds of cores and terabytes of RAM within seconds. All this happens for all customers on the same shared infrastructure hosted on Microsoft Azure.
As one of a few companies world wide, we have solved the tough problem of bringing data science to production while keeping costs and operations at bay. Now part of the JDA family, we continue to relentlessly drive innovation to pursue our vision of the autonomous supply chain. On the way, we have solved, and will solve plenty of interesting and challenging problems, and we would love to have you on board for that journey.
To support our team in Karlsruhe or Hamburg, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/d).
Your day to day work will entail
- Building and operating a scalable platform as shared infrastructure for our products and customer services on Microsoft Azure
- Continuous analysis and improvement of security, performance, and availability of data-intensive distributed systems
- Strengthening the automation and robustness of our cloud infrastructure with failover mechanisms, monitoring, alerting, using tools and technologies such as Ansible, Prometheus and Grafana
You are / should have
- 2+ years in operations or software engineering role
- Experience with container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, Docker) and cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Passion for DevOps and software development with agile methods such as Kanban, TDD and pair programming
- Detailed knowledge of Linux environments, particularly with networking and security
- Hands-on experience with at least one object-oriented programming language
We live for pushing artificial intelligence forward and scalable solutions. Joining our team means you can look forward to working with our people on realizing creative ideas and see how they operate in the resulting solutions. Mutual respect, friendly relationships and results-oriented work are an important part of our environment. We strive to be a family-friendly business and are open to modern working structures. We enjoy delivering the highest-quality work and like clean coding just as much as our social barbecues or pizza parties, contributing to open source projects, discussing new technologies and sharing favorite video games at the end of the work day.
We believe that the individuality and diversity of our employees make a decisive contribution to our success. Our hiring process is based on qualifications and career profile. We welcome applications from all motivated candidates, regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin or religion.
Want to join our team?
Please send your application and references to open source projects by email to email@example.com.
Human Resources Manager