Software Engineer (m/f) Python in Karlsruhe or Hamburg
Blue Yonder enables retailers to take a transformative approach to their core processes, automating complex decisions that deliver higher profits and customer value using AI.
With AI embedded into their supply chain and merchandising processes, retailers can respond quicker to changing market conditions and customer dynamics, boosting revenues and increasing margins. Developed by one of the largest teams of PhD-level data scientists in retail, our solution delivers 600 million decisions daily to international grocery, fashion and general merchandise retailers.
Blue Yonder was founded in 2008 in Karlsruhe, Germany, by former CERN scientist Professor Michael Feindt. The company has been awarded the Experton Big Data Leader Award 2016, the BT Retail Week Technology Award and the IGD Award 2017 for Supply Chain Innovation.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (m/f) Python to support our platform team in Karlsruhe or Hamburg, Germany.
Your day-to-day work will entail
- Design and development of data-intensive distributed systems written in Python with a focus on data engineering
- Operating a scalable platform as shared infrastructure for our products and customer services
- Strengthening the robustness of our cloud infrastructure with failover mechanisms, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Working in an agile team with an emphasis on quality, testability, and automation
You should have
- In-depth knowledge of Python and its open-source ecosystem
- Interest in data handling with modern tools such as Apache Kafka, Apache Parquet, Dask
- Experience with earlier technologies such as Hadoop is a plus
- Expertise in working with SQL (postgreSQL, SQLAlchemy)
- Experience with DevOps on Linux using tools such as Ansible, Prometheus, etc.
- Enjoy teamwork, interest in software craftsmanship and a passion for modern methods such as Kanban, TDD and pair programming
- Experience with cluster applications (Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, Docker) and cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure or AWS would be a big plus
We live for pushing artificial intelligence forward and scalable solutions. Joining our team means you can look forward to working with our people on realizing creative ideas and see how they operate in the resulting solutions. Mutual respect, friendly relationships and results-oriented work are an important part of our environment. We strive to be a family-friendly business and are open to modern working structures. We enjoy delivering the highest-quality work and like clean coding just as much as our social barbecues or pizza parties, contributing to open source projects, discussing new technologies and sharing favorite video games at the end of the work day.
We believe that the individuality and diversity of our employees make a decisive contribution to our success. Our hiring process is based on qualifications and career profile. We welcome applications from all motivated candidates, regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin or religion.
Want to join our team?
Please send your application and references to open source projects by email to email@example.com.
Human Resources Manager